Tuesday, April 17, 2007

JAMES Q&A April

JAMES Q&A session April is up.
What book do you have on your bedside table at the moment?I have “The Universe in a Single Atom” by the Dalai Lama. I’m not a Buddhist, but that is one smart monk!

Derek Jacobi has said that "To be or not to be..." is not a soliloquy but Hamlet speaking to Ophelia, partly because what he describes happens to her. What are your thoughts on this interesting view?
Hmmmm, that’s really interesting, give me a second. I don’t think that it is entirely realistic that Ophelia wouldn’t speak if that were true. It is a scene by itself and in itself and usually in these scenes if a character is present they have one short line. You could play it that way, but I don’t see the need to eradicate the soliloquy – I love soliloquy.more...
Pubblicated by Silvia |  
Label:

0 comment:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)